My Little Bits Of Life #5
Considering how many photos I take on my iPhone a day I am pretty useless at remembering to put them on my blog. I started doing ‘My Little Bits of Life’ to record all those mini moments from my phone photos that don’t warrant a post of their own.
My phone is still definitely the camera that comes around with me the most. I have my big camera, which will always be my favourite, but when I am out and about, especially in the week on my own with the girls, I find it a lot easier just to take my phone- I am always so worried I am going to drop or lose my DSLR.
Here is a little snippet of our ordinary lives as through the eyes of my iPhone…
1. Taking photos of Mads and LL in front of my garage door shows no sign of waning. I don’t know why I do it, I just love to take a photo of the outfits they are wearing that day as I think it will be a lovely thing to look back on when they are older. Plus for some reason they really love taking a photo out there and on the days I don’t they always ask me too! I orignally got this little jumper with the words ‘I Love You Love Me’ for Mads but it doesn’t fit her even though it’s aged 4! I love it though, it’s from House of Fraser.
2. A couple of weeks ago Mads and I went on a Mummy/Mads day to the theatre, I absolutely love spending one on one time with each of them but it doesn’t happen very often. We went with three of her little friends to watch Octonauts and she loved it, plus we went to Giraffe for pancakes!
3. I bought these for Mr E, but pretty much ate them all myself. (standard) They were the tastiest things ever, I am obsessed with anything cookie dough related so was excited to find them.
4. Talking of sweet treats, Mads, the girls and I have a naughty habit of going to Tescos and picking up Krispy Kreme donuts on days when we are just chilling out. Very unhealthy but oh so good.
5. Another day, another outfit. We are still utterly obsessed with the Little Bird range and these trousers of LL with the little braces are my favourite thing she owns I think. I have just bought a pair for Mads too.
6. A couple of weeks ago I went into London for a day of meetings, a couple with some of my freelance clients and also a Space In Your Case related meeting that Alison came along with me to. We then briefly went to Covent Garden and met Poppy, a new friend we both met when we went on the Thomson Airways blogger trip to Palma. I lost my macaroon virginity and we posed in front of the beautiful Christmas Tree.
7. We go to our local Garden Centre a lot, but we love it even more when it’s festive. The girls love checking out the Christmas village and pointing out all the different parts.
8. I often get asked when we are out and about by random people how I get my girls to keep their hats on- I don’t know why but they love them and wear them all day, even in the house. Yet LL will kick up a fuss over the smallest hair slide in her hair- it’s very strange!
9. My little trinkets shelf is looking very festive- I found these cute little mini snow globes from Paperchase and I love them!
10. My Mum found me this Christmas jumper for £2.99 on eBay. An absolute bargain if you ask me- it’s so horrendous it’s amazing. I wore it on our festive day which made Mr E cringe a little.
11. Mads has an incredible bond with our kitten Walter. She loves them both but he is the more affectionate of the two and follows her everywhere. She loves playing with your ear and has done since she was little, she basically just continuously pulls it which is a strange habit, but it is her comfort. Walter will even let her do that to his. The cats drive me mad as being kittens they are so naughty, but I am so glad we got them as they are such a lovely addition to our family.
12. My favourite colour is yellow so I am loving all the mustard in the shops at the moment. I love this photo as LL looks like a little old man I think.
13. I was so excited that my Mum found this in the loft- it used to hang on my nursery wall all those years ago and I love that it looks so retro now. We have plans next year at some point to put the girls in a joint room together so I am saving this to go on the wall in there.
14. It was my sister’s 21st at the weekend and we had a great evening celebrating. I love this toilet selfie (classy) of the two of us. My jumper says ‘This is not a Xmas jumper’ and is from River Island– I had to buy it, I have no idea why but I just love it.
15. I love the girls Christmas jumpers too- we are definitely going all out festive in this house this year- although I can’t persuade Mr E to wear one.
16. Still on the festive theme, Mads, LL and I did some baking at the weekend. Even though I hate cooking and am pretty terrible in the kitchen, we are enjoying baking together more and more. We made these little gingerbread and vanilla cupcakes and even got some string to make scarves for our little men- Mads loves them and was so proud to show her Grandma when she came over.
If you are on instagram do come and say hello- I’m @mummydaddyme.