My Little Bits Of Life #4
It’s been a while since I shared some little snippets of our life as captured by my iPhone. Life has been so busy and hectic but as usual my phone camera has come along for the ride, I must admit to being really lazy with my big camera and not taking it out as much as I should, I therefore love the fact that I always have my phone on me.
I am still obsessed with instagram as ever. It’s the first form of social media I will look at in the morning, but I have to limit myself and not look too much or I would never get anything done. I love getting a glimpse into other peoples lives through their photos and I follow some truly gorgeous accounts.
Anyway here is some of our adventures and ordinary life through the eyes of my iPhone…
1. It was Mr E’s birthday a few weeks ago and I set myself a challenge of making him a chocolate fudge cake as a surprise. Bizarrely considering I am pretty usless in the kitchen, it tasted absolutely delicious and we finished it in one evening when we had a little party for him at my Mum’s house- all my family were shocked to say the least!
2. I love these little Hunter wellies of Mads- they are her spare pair that live at Grandma’s house but I think I may need to steal them and take them back to ours. Love the yellow!
3. If you follow me on instagram you will know I have a relatively new obsession with taking photos of my girls outfits against our scabby garage door. (exotic location- not!) I know I will love looking back in years to come at what we used to dress them in. This particularly day we had a ‘cat theme’ as we had just got our kittens!
4. My Mum and I went shopping a few weeks ago and we couldn’t resist buying these Matching PJ’s from Jools Oliver’s Little Bird collection at Mothercare– we are their biggest fans and the print on these PJ’s are just adorable.
5. I bought this stripy jumper the other day and I absolutely love it, love the heart detailing on the sleeve. I really am enjoying wearing Autumn clothes this year.
6. My big girl and I went on a date day to London for a screening of Frozen put on by The White Company, we made a day out of it and met up with one of my closest friends for lunch, and she came with us too. I love spending time with Mads, we laughed all day long.
7. I adore this photo of one of our usual garage snaps- I think it’s the fact Mads is posing so much that makes it so funny. She is obsessed with this top from Zara saying ‘Still Living With My Parents’- I love it too actually.
8. I am really lucky in that both my girls still nap but Mads normally has a shorter one than LL, so when she gets up she knows it’s ‘quiet time’ and we snuggle until her sister wakes up. Since we got the kittens they have taken to coming on our laps too- it’s really rather sweet.
9. I had been after a pair of Brogues for ages, so I couldn’t resist when I found these in Primark of all places. And only £12. Bargain.
10. Yet another Little Bird outfit, I bought this dress for LL months ago but she is only just wearing it now. I love the colour and I could gobble her up when she wears it. Just so cute.
10. I do try and dress the girls in similar colours or styles if we go out for the day- I love these little grey jumpers they are wearing. I wish they did LL’s cloud jumper in my size and I am loving their winter boots!
12. Likewise sometimes Mummy gets in on the action and dresses in a similar colour too. (Daddy doesn’t and also wants to disown us when we do this!) 😉 I am loving mustard this season, yellow is my favourite colour by far
13. I am still in shock over winning a Mad Blog Award and my category ‘Best Baby Blog’ was sponsored by Mothercare. A few days ago they sent me my prize- a whooping £500 worth of vouchers. And as an extra gesture they had seen from my instagram how we are Little Bird’s biggest fans, so they sent me a couple of outfits for the girls as a surprise. Such a sweet thing to do and I was over the moon to receive the package in the post. That’s Christmas presents sorted, plus outfits for the next year!
If you are on instagram do come and say hello, I’m @mummydaddyme – it’s my favourite form of social media by far.
PS. Mothercare haven’t asked us to write about them, I was just over the moon with the fact they had obviously seen what big Little Bird fans we are that I wanted to mention them and say thanks for sending the girls an outfit, and of course for my wonderful prize. All other clothes and outfits have been bought with my hard earned pennies. (or maybe Mr E’s- ssssh don’t tell him!)