Family • April 8, 2012

My Week That Was #14


Ah the four day bank holiday.  Possibly the best invention ever.  Our bank holiday has been busy seeing lots of family and we wouldn’t have it any other way.


Without further ado here is My Week That Was…

Monday was a work day and as we all know those are incredibly boring.  I did have an Innocent Veg Pot for my lunch though that was very tasty- it goes to show how dull my day was if this was the highlight!  In the evening we went over to my Mum’s for dinner and had my favourite beef casserole.  Yummy.

Tuesday was another day at work.  One of my best friends popped in for her back to work meeting after being on maternity leave so I am excited about her coming back although we will only see each other one day as she is working the end of the week.

On Wednesday I went to work in the morning and it was very busy which was good.  I have been given some extra projects to do which is nice as they are more like the role I was doing before I went on maternity leave, and I do miss that.  In the afternoon I went over to my Mum’s salon to pick up Mads and have my nails done for my Dad’s wedding on Saturday.

On Thursday we had a sudden change of plans and ended up going to Suffolk for the day to meet one of my best friends (the one from Tuesday) and her little girl who is seven months.  She is my goddaughter and I adore them both lots.  We had a lovely day going for lunch and for a long walk.  The only thing that put a downer on the day was we went to the park and Mads fell against a metal climbing frame- it happened so quickly and within seconds her mouth was full of blood.  It was very scary for a second as she was hysterical and I thought she had knocked her teeth out.  After drinking her friend Millie’s milk as it was all we had, she calmed down and I think she just bit her tongue which was a relief.  She also has a grazed lip.  I know we will have lots of incidents like this but it still makes me feel terrible each time.

Friday was obviously the start of the bank holiday and we just chilled out and had a day at home.  Those are the best kind of days, when you are just together and having fun.  I went into town with my sister while Mr E did some work.  In the evening Mr E cooked a lovely risotto and we watched a film and had a night off doing any work.  It was lovely.

Saturday it was my Dad’s wedding.  We woke up and looked straight out of the window, luckily although the weather wasn’t great it wasn’t raining.  We got ready and headed to the registry office.  They have been together for ten years so it was a low key, romantic service- just perfect, and even my Daddy cried which was rather emotional.  Afterwards we went to a hotel for some drinks and then back to their house for a party afterwards.  I ended up drinking rather a lot of champagne and so I had a bit of a headache next day.  More photos to follow I am sure.

Sunday was spent doing lots of eating!  We went to my Grandma’s for lunch with the rest of my family where we had a nice roast dinner and lots of chocolate, and then afterwards we met our friends and their son who is only a few weeks older than Mads at a pub with a soft play place attached.  The babies had lots of fun running about.  You have never seen so much chocolate in our house- so much for the holiday diet.

And that was My Week That Was..


If you would like to join up and tell us about your week the linky is open and will remain open until next Sunday so feel free to join up at any time- doesn’t just have to be on a Sunday.  You can grab the badge too.  Have a good week.


Share this post